Friday, September 12, 2014

Job Opening at Berrier Select Landscapes

Berrier Select Landscapes, Inc. is a Landscape Contracting company serving high end residential clients in the Asheville area. Our services include Landscape  Installation, Design,  Maintenance,  Irrigation, Lighting, and Hardscapes.

We are currently seeking someone for our year round ,full time Landscape Maintenance Supervisor position.This is a working supervisor position based on a 4 day work week                (40 hrs.).The qualified candidate will be responsible for the day to day care and maintenance of our clients Plant beds, Turf areas and insuring the total landscape is always in top condition and assuring these tasks are accomplished in timely manner. This position requires supervision of a crew between 1-4 people. Attention to detail is required and interacting with clients and crew in a professional manner at all times is necessary. An associates degree in Horticulture/Turfgrass Management is preferred or a minimum of one year performing Landscape Maintenance Supervision. We are looking for someone with strong leadership qualities, a great attitude and a strong work ethic that presents themselves in a professional manner. This is a year round ,full time position.

Duties include but are not limited to: proper scheduling of maintenance operations, operating various machinery such as mowers, weed-eaters, blowers, tiller, aerator and use of various hand tools. Ability to lift 50-80 lbs. on a regular basis is a necessity.The candidate will be responsible to arrive 30 minutes early on a daily basis to have tools and equipment loaded on vehicle prior to the crew arriving for work.

Applicants must have a valid driver's license and have a N.C. Pesticide applicators license or be able to obtain one within 6 months of employment.

Please send your resume and contact information to,, or to Berrier Select Landscapes, Inc. PO Box 17927   Asheville NC  28816.

Pay is based on experience and qualifications

For more information contact your local Cooperative Extension Center and ask for the Commercial Horticulture Agent.