Monday, July 13, 2015

Commercial Pesticide Licenses/Schools

Pesticide License 

In the last few months I have encountered quite a number of new landscapers that needed information about controlling pests in the landscapes that they manage.  Unfortunately,  many of them lacked the commercial pesticide license required to spray the products that I recommended.  This note is just a reminder that a NC Pesticide License in one or more category is required if you are going to apply any kind of pest management tool for compensation to the property of another.  This means that if you apply products including Roundup (Glyphosate),  Insecticidal Soap,  Hot Pepper Spray, or Restricted Use Products, as part of your day to day activities as a landscaper/gardener that you must be licensed by the state of NC to do so.  (There are NO Exceptions!. We have 2 opportunities coming up this summer for classes to prepare you or your employees to take the exams that are required.  These two dates are:
August 4th and 5th at the Haywood County Cooperative Extension Center- Waynesville
September  9th and 10th at the Mountain Horticulture Research and Extension Center-Mills River 

For additional information and registration see the red colored links on this website:

For more information contact your local Cooperative Extension Center and ask for the Commercial Horticulture Agent.