Monday, September 25, 2017

Commercial Pesticide School

Commercial Pesticide School

Announcing: The NC State University and NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. will be offering the annual fall Commercial Pesticide School and Exam 

Date: October 11-12, 2017
Location: MILLS RIVER, NC -
Mountain Horticultural Crops Research & Extension Center
Commercial Pesticide Schools are held to assist green industry professionals with obtaining their Commercial Pesticide License by offering pre-exam classes. All attendees should have already obtained their study materials and be familiar with the information before attending. Exams will be given on the second day of the school.

To obtain a Commercial Pesticide License in North Carolina, pesticide applicators must study for and take an exam in the Pesticide Applicator Core category as well an exam in their chosen specific applicator category.
Our Pesticide School offers Pesticide Applicator Core training on the first day and specific sub-category training on the second day in these categories:
-Ornamentals and Turf
-Right of Way
- *special this one time - Aquatics*

Classes start at 8:30 a.m. and are over by 4:00 p.m on the 11th and from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 on the 12th 
Exception-  The Aquatics class will be from 4:00-6:00 p.m. on the 11th after the Core Class

All pesticide exams are given on the second day at 1:00 p.m. 

***special note -  We are holding the seldom offered pre-exam study class for the Aquatic Pesticide Applicator exam. This will be offered after 4:00 p.m on day one of the training October 11th. If you need to take the Core Exam you should already be in the Core training that takes place that day from 8:30-4:00.  Contact Andrea Crozier at to  request an additional seat in the Aquatics Class.

**Fees for Pesticide Schools are different from NCDA&CS Pesticide exam fees. Exam fees should be paid at the pesticide school or exam location. 

**Go here to register for school:

To learn more about pesticide licensing visit:

For more information contact your local Cooperative Extension Center and ask for the Commercial Horticulture Agent.