Friday, June 25, 2010

Its the Economy Stupid

You don't have to go far to hear somebody talking about the economy and it's impact on the green industry. Sales are down for many growers; Landscapers are scrambling for jobs; and Consumers are making do with less.
Last week I attended the Southeast Greenhouse Conference. As has been my habit for a number of years I try to attend at least one session where Dr. Charlie Hall is presenting. His talks are always refreshing as he does not candy coat what is really going on in the economy like the mass medial seems to do. As many of you are aware, Charlie is a native of our mountains and understands our industry, not because of his classroom and research experiences but because of growing up working in his family's nursery; I like to think that he is one of us.
I sat in on the first presentation on the following link Presentations and found it one that all of us need to visit and learn from. I ask Dr. Hall if he could post it somewhere that I could share it and just received this link to pass on to you.
Enjoy!

For more information contact your local Cooperative Extension Center and ask for the Commercial Horticulture Agent.